Pin It

Monday, March 18, 2013

Vulnerablility is a Strength not a Weakness.

Sorry, my posts are few and far in between, life keeps getting in the way. 
I've been questioning some pretty big issues in my life lately.
It's pretty cool, how every time I get the courage to ask the question and send it out into the Universe, I get my answer. 
This is the quote I needed to hear.
All I have to do is show up and dare greatly.
This treasure of wisdom showed up Sunday as I watched Oprah's Super Soul Sunday.
If you get a chance, pick up the book Daring Greatly by Brene Brown, watch her TED talks and watch her on Oprah's Super Soul Sunday episode.  She studied vulnerability  for 11 years and explains how being vulnerable is a good thing and this is the birthplace where all things meaningful, authentic and creative come from.  I have to agree and it helped validate much of my life and be able to articulate issues for me.  I just wanted to share it you.
True Courage can't come unless you open yourself up to vulnerability.
 
Enjoy, Heidi
Image found on Pinterest


1 comment:

Gail Peterson said...

Great post, must have been meant to be for me to see it! So this is how it was put into words... Thank you for sharing this!
{It is the person who criticizes and is envious that never does, in fear of being judged and failing}!

Go bravely my dear..
xo,
Have a great summer.
xo,
Gail
http://www.casualloveselegance.blogspot.com