Pin It

Sunday, July 15, 2012

My Crazy Beautiful Dream.

Some of you know my Crazy Beautiful Dream and some of you don't.
This dream scares the living hell out of me and makes me more excited and happy all at the same time.
For the past 4 years, I have had this dream, it is one reason why I started to blog.
I want to move to Australia.
I want to live in the country or as they say, bush and grow lavender and honey.
I want a  garden and some chickens and a welcoming country home with a small pool in back.
One day, we will take the big plunge and I might be asking for a job sponsorship from some of my best mates in Oz, just in case plan A does not work in the visa department.
This is how I imagine it.  Enjoy, Heidi
                                                                           Lavandula taken by Janelle McCulloch
Found on Pintrerst

Chicken coop smells like roses. Brilliant!

rock wall grande with perfect pool
I wonder if this wall is OK for the Australian board of swimming pool walls department?

love outdoor fireplaces
I have to have a place where I can look at the stars and sit near a fire, while sipping on a glass of mead.

Gorgeous!
I love the timber and plaster, I think I will do the walls in Hemp.
I might have to have all of the timber carved here in Texas first and then ship it with my stuff.

Kitchen in "It's Complicated" and it's pretty awesome.
I love the simple, old country look of the kitchen in the movie, "It's Complicated"
It just feels so inviting and cozy.  A small kitchen is a more efficient one too.

French Kitchen
Photo by Grey Crawford for Vogue
I love having this wash room close to the kitchen and by the back door.
Mr. Heidi Claire likes to strip down into his unmentionables right there so I can wash 
his sweaty, grass and sticker burr covered clothing. 
 This is of course after he has trimmed all of his customer's yards.
I'm not complaining, until one of those stickers finds itself in my towel as I am drying off from a bath. 

I dream of having a garden shed/pool house!
I will need a place next to the washer and dryer for a place to not just get out stains, 
but do a little Flower Arranging.

Velvet and Linen
Never will this get old, because it already  looks old and gorgeous.

I love the set up of this living room
Lots of natural light, places to sit and a fire place, of course.

amazing doors
Keep the home as open as possible, but have elements like these doors to close off the kitchen,
because I am a bit of a mess when I cook.


House and Home
There will be beams in my bedroom, it doesn't have to be very large.
Only a place to rest my head at night with the man that puts up with my Crazy Beautiful Dreams.

5 comments:

Millie said...

There was a huge rumour swirling around here last week that Octomom & all her kids were planning on immigrating to Australia, oh pleeeeease!! Even MOTH was spluttering about you & Jboy not having jobs that were on the most needed list, yet they would let Bankrupt Crazy Woman & her tribe in!!! Keep that dream front & centre.
Millie xx

A-M said...

Keep dreaming, focusing, wishing, visualising... and it will come true. It's amazing how things you wish and work towards come true. Just get everything made there and shipped out here. Australia is expensive! A-M xx

Lynne said...

I hope our dreams come true . . . BEAUTIFUL . . .

Janelle McCulloch said...

Oh, I do hope you move to Australia. It's a beautiful country, although it's SO far away from the rest of the world!

BTW, that top photo of Lavandula is mine, taken from a shoot I did there several years ago. It was for a book on country gardens of Australia.

Loved all your photos!

Good luck with the Oz dream!

Janelle McCulloch

Tracey Marsden said...

How are you going with your dream to move to Australia? I live there so I find it so fascinating you want to move here. I wanted to move to the New England area of the US last year!

Some people get wood carved in Bali and import it into Australia (cheaper than from Texas). Just have to be careful of the timber source.

I wonder if beekeepers are on our list of needed occupations? They should be!

Do you have any areas in mind? Maybe some of the wine areas in South Australia (eg McLaren Vale) or Victoria (Yarra Valley) or Western Australia (Margaret River) would suit your style?

I hope this helps and good luck with your dream!