Pin It

Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Uneaten Artichoke.

What happens to the artichoke if it does not get picked and eaten?
It BLOOMS.
It is just a giant thistle.
Here is a arrangement I made this weekend for a local church.  There is also some kale mixed in as well.
I love using food with the flowers. 
The chokes were grown at Home Sweet Farm with the help of my friend Charlene. 
 Charlene provides the organic produce for our Farmers' and Artisans' Market
These were the artichokes that didn't sell. 
The gate on the wall is from my Great Grandparent's homestead, the lawn mower is hung with bicycle hooks
 (this is a crazy cock-a-may-may idea I had years ago, but everyone just loves it) Enjoy, Heidi



All images on this post are via Me, Heidi Jaster, owner and designer of The Nesting Co.

4 comments:

Lynne said...

Oh my . . . BEAUTIFUL . . . I love everything in this basket. Love even more your creativity . .

Shauna said...

Totally did not know that!! Looks wonderful!!

La Petite Gallery said...

Heidi, this arrangement is gorgeous. I love the mix.
yvonne

Splenderosa said...

Heidi, I just love what you do. Always. And, I'm so happy we're both Texan's too. Sending love....