Pin It

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Amazing Before and After

This country cottage found in Mississippi looks the picture of perfection.  
You will not believe what it looked like before the new owners bought it.
All images on this post are from Country Living Magazine.


The whole structure had to be lifted into the air in order to install the foundation, plumbing, and insulation.
The 2 chimneys were rebuilt and the owners hand-crimped the metal roof.  I am impressed.
Living Room Before
Living Room After
Second Story Before

 Second Story After
Staircase Before
 
Staircase After

10 comments:

Allison at Novice Life said...

WOW! Kudos to them for seeing the character in this place - gorgeous!

Katelyn said...

Oh my goodness...what a huge project, and so well done! Thanks for sharing!

Juan M. Vega said...

Fantastic! I love your blog!

Julie Harward said...

That is so amazing! I just love it all. :D

Dominique said...

When I am blessed with my own home this is what it would look like. This reno is so amazing, I love each pic. this transformation is perfection.

... said...

Always nice to see a home with such character brought back to life... Stunning Before and After pictures!

Porchlight Interiors said...

Wow, what a fabulous transformation! Very inspiring! Tracey xx

The Green Pea said...

Congratulations with your home. It is very beautiful, love the transformation from tired and worn to beautiful and warm. Thank you for sharing the photos.

Heidi said...

I wish it were my house, but it's not. I am trying to imagine the layout at the moment. Maybe there is a bath up stairs dividing the kid's rooms? Maybe there is a bath and bedroom downstairs too? If that is the case, it is the perfect cottage for me. Throw a pool in the back yard and call me Sally!!!

Simple Dwellings said...

I also saw the amazing before and afters of this home. So inspiring. It's incredible what they did. :)