Pin It

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tillandsia - Air Plant

I have been noticing quite a bit of tillandsia plant on the web.  What a wonderful plant.  No dirt or container required, only humidity in the air or some water spritzing.  I love the silvery, pale, greenish, grey color and it's tapered, curly leaves.  Glue it to what ever you like and be done.  Enjoy, Heidi 

                                                                    Style Me Pretty


                                         Flora Grubb


                                                Found on Pintrest


                                    Flora Grubb


                                     Flora Grubb


                             Flora Grubb


9 comments:

Hannah said...

Wow! Your blog is amazing...love all of the inspiring pitures. I have never seen this plant before, but now I am intrigued. I'm your newest follower!

Shauna said...

what? what?! that is awesome!! I am now going to google the heck outa that plant. I think I kinda need some in my life.

Barbara Jordan Dettweiler said...

How cool is that? I have seen them but a) didn't know what they were called b) didn't realize they were so low maintenance! I assumed they were a succulent but this is even better. Very cool!

http://bjdhausdesign.blogspot.com/

designchic said...

I'm definitely going to have to check this out. No maintenance...my kind of plant!!

Jamie Herzlinger said...

Thanks for introducing me to this plant! Wow!
Have a great weekend
Jamie Herzlinger

Ms Smart said...

I was wondering what that was. Very cool observation. Look at you ahead of the curve. Fun post. Beautiful, natural, and diverse style. Thanks.

Allison Egan said...

wow! what a beautiful and amazing plant! i had no idea! I love how it looks as a centerpiece under glass especially.
xo Allison

www.spicerandbank.blogspot.com

eddieross said...

SO gorgeous!! Love all the ways it is used in the photos! So amazing! Hope you're enjoying the summer.
xo E + J

Catarina Almeida Santos said...

so nice plant :)
great effect !

Santi
santiroyalhome.blogspot.com