Pin It

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sofa King Awesome!!!


In all my days of searching and wandering through blogs and magazines, there is one sofa that always tugs at my heart strings, the "Tufted Sofa".  Now my friend Janet tells me not to get the ones with the tufts on the seat part because crumbs, lint and everything else finds it's way in those nooks and crannies.   In order to save some cashola I was going to re-upholster our present sofa, but hubby informed me that after he slept on it for about 5 years, it has some issues, that new fabric could not fix.  On further inspection I agreed since it had the impression of a stocky shaped man, about 260 lbs. lying on his side, indented permanently in it.  I took off the cushions and the shape continued into the springs and what ever else is under the fabric.  Now, I know what you all are thinking, my husband must have been in the doghouse for a total of 5 years.  Well, a small percentage of that is true, but more like the combination of having a baby sleeping in your bed and  having sleep apnea.  Needless to say, we are in the market for a new sofa and I have chosen a winner.  Now I need to choose a fabric.  Please chime in and tell me what you think.  I have a husband and a son that pretty much live on it so I am leaning towards leather, but then there is the side of me that wants a pretty linen or velvet one.  Comments Please.  Heidi  

14 comments:

Simone said...

I love them all. Does that help??!!

I know what you mean about leather probably being more practical but the fabric ones look so nice!

We play musical beds in our house too....I blame the small(ish) children and the snoring. Fortunately we don't (yet) have a 70" TV :)

Hope all is well with you Heidi xo

Renee@Modus Operandi Designs said...

Leather would most certainly give you the best wear for the money but I agree, there's something so romantic about a Chesterfield sofa in velvet...delicious!

NataljaOblonskaja said...

It´s very hard. I like all of them:)
//Camilla

Risa West said...

if it weren't for the men folk i would say try something besides leather, but leather will last longer and aged leather on a chesterfield is fantastic in it's own way.

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

Hmm. Tough call. If there were a compromise, perhaps it would be a light colored leather. But, I'm not sure that's a good call, as light colors will show dirt, regardless of fabric content. Hmmm...Good luck with that one! ~Mindy

Alecia said...

I'm in LOVE with the first one...the 3rd one is my 2nd choice and number 2 is my 3rd choice...I think no matter what...you're winning...they are all sofa king awesome! LOL I love that...it's like the game Mad Gab!

Tove's to og firbeinte said...

Hd to visit you when I saw the little sofa-picture on my side-menu....love it1 I actually have one that´s almost like the one on top,only it goes down on the middle of the back.I have to give it new fabric...it´s pretty worn out by my dogs (Ooops) - and this color was GREAT!!!!! I have to get something like that :)))))

A Lasting First Impression said...

Love the leather one, super durable! Good luck choosing, any will be a lovely choice!

Kerry said...

That's a hard choice isn't it? I never liked leather all that much until my partner got one and I know that he and his son also spend a lot of time on it! And actually they're quite cosy as well as super practical and long lasting. Don't know if that helps a single bit!

red ticking said...

2 of my clients have the leather one and they all love it... indestructible... and easy to clean.

i know, i am with you... custom, velvet or white or pretty... but i know... you need to be practical.

xx pam

Trish said...

What a beautiful sofa, Im envious!!! I have a leather couch & I do believe there are good & bad points. The good is that you can easily just wipe off any spills or mishaps from the kids, but, if you live in a warm climate as I currently do a leather lounge is extremely hot & uncomfortable, you sweat on them & if you fall asleep you will wake up feeling as if you are melting, this wasn't an issue for us when we originally purchased it as we lived in a cold climate, I wouldn't choose leather again, even tho it looks fabulous. Hope this was helpful & not depressing...
Cheers

Shauna said...

All couches should be leather. I'm just saying.... =oP

Millie said...

Go for good slipcovers Heides - they have saved my sanity! I think that desciption of the man of your dreams was a little unkind.
Millie ^_^

24 Corners said...

I love the first one...do you know who makes it?

We're sofa hunting too...actually, we have zero furniture so we're hunting for it all! Not such an easy thing....

Best with your decision, can't wait to see what you choose.
Jessica~