Pin It

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

This is me.

 The other day I got this crazy idea to take a picture of myself in a mirror like I have seen all around blog land.  I see lots of blogs and lots of blogger's families, but what I really like to see is the actual blogger so I can put a face with the name.  I am using our old camera since my mortician husband took my new one to a mortician's convention and left it at the hotel.  I clearly remember telling him not to take it because what was he going to take pictures of, other morticians?  Gross.  Well, so long new camera, and who ever has it now is enjoying all of the pictures I took of my little boy rolling snow balls during our blizzard and his little crack showing.
This one is a little better.  You can see on my cheek a blotchy red patch which has turned out to be a ringworm. Nice, I have koodies.

Since my folks paid for me to have braces, I better smile with my teeth.  Notice I did not photoshop out my angry elevens between my brows, I earned those babies from squinting in the Texas sun.  I have always felt vain and concieted  about taking my own picture.  When my friend heard me say that once she told me to get over it. Hope you enjoyed my shoot, now I dare all of you to do the same.  Heidi

19 comments:

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

Cute idea! I have pictures of me all over my blog. Having a photographer boyfriend helps in that situation. Cute pics! Sorry bout the ringworm. No fun. ~Mindy

Ms Smart said...

"I see you" -Avatar

Kathy said...

Heidi...
We are so critical of ourselves!!!
Your a doll...
and your smile is contageous.
Great idea!
Happy week sweetie!
XOXO~kATHY @
sWEET uP-nORTH mORNINGS...

Angie said...

That was really cute! I have THE hardest time trying to photograph myself!?!

Fun With This and That said...

I love it .It is nice to see a face. When I get my hair done and make up on I will try.How did you do it? Had the worm many years ago, not fun Laura Q

A-M said...

You're just gorgeous Miss H. Me not so brave... love anonymity too much I think. A-M xx

Millie said...

I loathe having my pic taken, so you are very brave dear Heides. Not a worry though, as you are a very photogenic Ms. Texas 2010. I did a mirror shot just mucking around when I posted on our guest room reno. I received some 'interesting' comments, so won't be doing it ever again!!
Millie ^_^

compulsively compiled said...

I love it!

Kerry said...

I'm impressed that you actually know how to photoshop lines out!! And then didn't...good one! My first visit to your blog and your newest follower. I look forward to seeing and reading lots more.

ZAIRA said...

Heidi, it's nice to see you on photo!! You're a BEAUTIFUL woman, no need to hide yourself!!! Ok???

I embrace you my dear xxx

Jacqueline said...

Hi Heidi,
I love the fact that you have taken your photo. It really is nice to put a face to a blogger. I have done the same in my Tophat in one of my older posts !!
I'm lots older than you and, what I liked was that I could hide the sagging jowls with the camera !! hehe. I thought I looked a bit weird but, who cares....not that you look weird. You look lovely. Thanks for letting us 'see' you. XXXX

Gosia said...

Heidi, you are so beautiful und nice a face and your smile, a doll.. i love it ... :)

K. BARTH said...

You look much younger in these fantastic photos than in your original profile photo! and, I mean that in the sweetest way! You have really captured your light. I hope to have a photo of moi-self up soon!! Happy to have a new member of the Kootie Klub. Mine was a real beaut on the back of my knee. It was from a public toilet seat. It was, I swear, my dermatologist said so. K. Barth- thelivingdetails.com

Simone said...

You my friend are beautiful....well done you for sharing. I'm with Millie, not sure if I'm that brave!

PS Love the morticians comment :)

Amelia said...

I know what you mean!

I love your blog.

Amelia.x

Morning T said...

Very cute Heidi, love it! Seeing your pic on La Dolfina's blog roll brought me to your blog. :)
T

Kimberlee said...

why hellllooo gorgeous girl! lovely pic Heidi xx

thedomesticfringe said...

Love these picts! You're very beautiful.
-FringeGirl

Pemberley said...

Lovely face and so very brave of you.