Pin It

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Failure is only postponed Success.

                                                                    Unknown Origin

First off I wanted to thank all of you for the lovily comments, they really stroked my ego, you know, the one that I am trying to dissolve. (Reading The Art of Happiness and loving every bit).
As for this post, it is about something that has been pulling at my heartstrings for years now, Australia.  I would love to live there someday but for the time being I will be happy with visiting, so I have entered  a contest to win a trip for two on a wine tasting get-a-way.  It is called Taste your way around Australia.  I have played their little wine tasting game 75 times now, my goal is 200. (each time you play it is another chance to win)  My chances to win are high, but since I never win anything, I don't feel overly confident.  I have become an Australian wine expert through this little challenge.
  My persistance will pay off one day and one day I will be in Oz.  Enjoy, Heidi

16 comments:

Pamela said...

Good Luck to you hope you win!!
Pamela from French Buttons

koralee said...

Just found your lovely blog....I am off to read some more of your past posts so I can get to know you better. Hugs for a great evening. xo

A-M said...

Oh Heidi, you are already here babe! You have that wonderful Aussie sense of humour, our vernacular down pat and you are part of our daily lives with your bloggy. You're here. A-M xx

Kerry said...

Make sure you drop in and visit when you win. We have lots of great winemakers in the Canberra region :)

A-M said...

PS Love the quote. Goes well with my hubby's current mumblings... "I'm not poor, just a broke rich man". Optimism, courage, belief, tenacity.... and things can change in a heartbeat! A-M xx

Loui said...

Heidi..
go for it!
follow your dreams!
you CAN do it!
I'm cheering for you!
hugs!
Loui♥

ZAIRA said...

I didn't know about this challenge...I hope you can win because it sounds as a funny experience...I made a "wine trip" in Provence some years ago but it was self-supported....Let us know how it goes!!!

Have a lovely weekend dear!!
Zaira

Jacqueline said...

What a wonderful and positive title to your post and, it will all help you win the trip to Australia. I'm keeping fingers, toes and everything crossed for you Heidi. XXXX

Alecia said...

Good luck...this is your time to win!!!
PS...what is the name of the flowers pictured...I LOVE those but have NO clue what they're called.

Fun With This and That said...

Hope you win .The wine part I like .Love wine, put quit to lose weight . Went to Europe and fell in love with it, the wine not the weight. Will be back Laura

Jen said...

This quote is amazing!... and oh so true! Definately something I'm going to remember. Thanks dear!

Sally J said...

Think positively, Heidi. Wake up everyday telling yourself you're going to win! Being a Texan is a little like being an Australian, isn't it?
www.divinedistractions.blogspot.com

Kellie Collis said...

Best of luck!
Hope you have had a lovely weeknd xx

Sarah said...

Goodluck, I hope you win. Australia is here and waiting for you with open arms :)

Lisar said...

I so hope you win too...hopefully the tour will include the beautiful Yarra Valley with all it's wonderful vineyards and eating places....I'm sending out positive thoughts for you!!!

Millie said...

You've got this in the bag Heides-nobody deserves it more than you!! I've just yelled to MOTH to get a cracking move-on with the BFH, 'cos Heidi's on her way & she'll need 'facilities'!
Millie ^_^