Pin It

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Gardening.

One of my favorite things to do is get my hands in the dirt and grow stuff. Another very therapeutic activity is pulling weeds. Some garden tips: wear a pair of those garden gloves with the rubber coating on the palms. Don't stand up and bend at the knees and waist to work in the garden but get down with your butt on the ground, your back and knees will thank you. Pull weeds after a rain shower, they come out easier. Take in deep full breaths of the Spring air, listen to all of the different birds and learn their songs and notice what is blooming even if it is the trees or just weeds. Enjoy, Heidi
Domino Magazine


Smith and Hawkins vertical garden

Found on We Heart It

British Home and Gardens

British Home and Gardens

8 comments:

erin said...

i am a new follower here and just wanted to tell you that i love ALL the images you have chosen today!! speaks to my soul.....
erin

ZAIRA said...

I hope to have a garden someday, in the meanwhile I'm already planning a mini-garden on my terrace...

Hugs xx Zaira

botanical brouhaha said...

Great tips... I'm out there enjoying it, too! One more tip...take your Zyrtec!

jamesxvi said...

I long for a garden, greenhouse included, but must first correct drainage issues with the land, and that is work is currently underway. I have a couple of designs on paper and hope to plant this time next year. Thanks for this inspiring post!

Jacqueline said...

Dear Heidi,
I can't wait to get out into my garden. You will be proud of me as, I ALWAYS sit on the gound when I'm gardening. .... and, we have bags full of those gloves with rubber on the palms. A man once went to my husbands firm selling them. We bought the whole lot for a song. I think that they will see us out !!
Gorgeous photographs and inspiration for my garden, too.
Have a lovely weekend, Heidi. XXXX

Amy Skehan said...

I love the vertical garden! Great idea.
http://livinginbeautyandcomfort.blogspot.com/

Simone said...

Gorgeous images Heidi.....we currently don't have a great garden....that's one of the things I am most looking forward to when we eventually move....

:)

compulsively compiled said...

I can't wait to get out into our garden today. I'm almost finished adding a brick border to the edges and then it's time to start filling my little plots with summer vegetables.