Pin It

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Exposed Beams. Exposed Life.

You know I have a ceiling obsession, so here are more rooms with exposed beams. I have been collecting these images (there is more but theses are the best) for a few months now. It looks very promising that my husband and I will get to move his grandmothers house out of the city and into the country. Now when this happens I will let you all know every interesting detail, but for now it is all in the dreaming stages. My husband has his name in the hat for a job that is a golden opportunity for him. Australia, you my pretty will have to wait a little while longer but you are not out of the picture I promise. The little house has sheet rock ceilings and walls with wood floors, kinda boring for me so I plan on adding beams to the ceiling for character. You can see what I am talking about if you look at these images and imagine if they had no beams and they were just stark, plain white ceilings.
I can't belive it but this is my 200th post. Enjoy, Heidi
Image via Country Living.
Image via Southern Accents.

Image via Pottery Barn.

Image via Steven Shubel.

Image House Beautiful.






13 comments:

Fabulously french said...

I adore exposed beams and are lucky enough to live in a house that has lots of them :-)

Leeann x

Kimberly said...

These are lovely. I have always loved exposed beams, and have often dreamed/threatened of taking out my cieling to create them. You are so lucky to have the option.
xxx kim

Unique Unique Design said...

Love the ceilings! Great photos, too. All these rooms look so inviting and cozy. Hope all this works out great for you and your husband.
marcie

A Wedding Story said...

Yummy. Just yummy.

A-M said...

I'm with you on the beams. Love them. Your prospects sound so exciting. Don't worry about 'Down Under', we'll still be here! A-Mxx

vicki archer said...

These beams are all gorgeous. I have some in my sitting room but I have realised they are far too dark in colour and that's why I don't like them....up the ladder I go, xv.

chair up said...

Heidi, you are so right about the beams, they add so much character to those rooms. My only fear would be that the giant Huntsman spiders that are here in Aussie would take up residence thinking it was their natural habitat....did that make your Aussie delay a little easier???;o)
Angex

bikim said...

Soo pretty! Love them too!
Take care,
Rosa

the French Garden said...

As usual fabulous images.
We have an old house with some exposed beams which add great atmosphere and yes the huntsmens do like them!
Vickis comment about making it dark I understand too.
Best of luck with your possible move and husbands potential new job - there are many paths we can all choose and all we can do is make the best decision we can at the time.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and I really appreciate your kind words.

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

I know what you mean about exposed beams. We live in a 1700's barn so we have chestnut beams that are part of the structure and just love them. In the kitchen I have hung herbs and dried flowers and in another part of the room baskets. The rest of the house I left bare to enjoy them.
~Debra The Capers of the Vintage Vixens

Julie said...

Exposed beams is one of my favorite things in interiors. It adds so much character to a house.

Millie said...

Happy 200th post dear Heides! Gosh that's gone as quick as a flash. If the permanent move Down Under has been shelved for the time being, what about a quick vacation?
Millie ^_^

Brabourne Farm said...

I love exposed beams - sadly we don't get many here in Australia, mostly just ugly dark brown ones done in the 70s! Never mind, I can enjoy these gorgeous images and dream. Leigh